When it comes to Italian cuisine, Toronto has no shortage of amazing restaurants to choose from. From classic pasta dishes to wood-fired pizzas, and elegant seafood and meat dishes, there's an Italian restaurant in Toronto for every craving. Here are the top 11 Italian restaurants in the city that you simply must try.
- Terroni: This Italian restaurant in downtown Toronto serves traditional dishes made with fresh ingredients and offers a wide selection of Italian wines.
- Buca Osteria & Enoteca: Buca offers rustic Italian cuisine with a contemporary twist. Their menu features homemade pastas, wood-fired pizzas, and other traditional dishes.
- Giulietta is an Italian-inspired restaurant located in the vibrant neighborhood of College Street in Toronto. The cozy, rustic ambiance complements the delicious menu of homemade pastas, fresh seafood, and traditional Italian dishes with a modern twist.
- Piano Piano offers an elegant dining experience with a focus on Italian cuisine made with locally-sourced ingredients. Their menu includes homemade pastas, wood-fired pizzas, and fresh seafood dishes.
- La Palma is a trendy Italian restaurant located in the Queen West neighborhood of Toronto. They offer a variety of modern Italian dishes, including wood-fired pizzas and fresh pasta.
- Trattoria Nervosa: This popular Italian restaurant in Yorkville offers classic Italian dishes made with fresh ingredients. Their menu includes wood-fired pizzas, homemade pastas, and fresh seafood.
- Gusto 101 is a cozy Italian restaurant in the King West neighborhood of Toronto. Their menu features wood-fired pizzas, homemade pastas, and other classic Italian dishes.
- Scaramouche is a fine dining Italian restaurant with a focus on seasonal ingredients. Their menu includes fresh pasta, seafood, and meats, as well as an extensive wine list.
- Enoteca Sociale: This Italian restaurant in the West End of Toronto offers a casual dining experience with a focus on authentic Italian cuisine. Their menu features homemade pastas, wood-fired pizzas, and charcuterie.
- Sotto Sotto is a classic Italian restaurant located in Yorkville. Their menu features traditional Italian dishes made with fresh ingredients, including homemade pastas, fresh seafood, and meats.
- Il Covo is a cozy Italian restaurant in Little Italy that serves traditional Italian dishes made with fresh ingredients. Their menu includes homemade pastas, wood-fired pizzas, and fresh seafood.
Toronto has a wealth of fantastic Italian restaurants, each with its own unique atmosphere and menu. Whether you're looking for traditional Italian cuisine or modern twists on classic dishes, you're sure to find a restaurant that satisfies your cravings. From cozy trattorias to upscale dining experiences, these 11 restaurants are some of the best Italian restaurants in Toronto.
57 Adelaide St E, Toronto, ON M5C 1K6
Terroni is an Italian restaurant in downtown Toronto serves traditional dishes made with fresh ingredients and offers a wide selection of Italian wines.
Terroni serves authentic Italian cuisine, including pasta, pizza, seafood, and meat dishes, all made with high-quality ingredients sourced both locally and from Italy. The restaurant also offers an extensive wine list, featuring Italian wines as well as local and international selections.
With its warm ambiance and delicious food, Terroni is a popular destination for both locals and tourists looking for an authentic Italian dining experience.
Buca Osteria & Enoteca
604 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1M6
Buca Osteria & Enoteca is a celebrated Italian restaurant in Toronto since 2009. The restaurant is renowned for its locally sourced, seasonal menu and "nose-to-tail" culinary philosophy.
The warm hospitality and artisanal dishes, including house-cured meats, pizza, and pasta, inspired by classic Italian traditions with a contemporary twist, keep guests coming back.
Buca has consistently been rated one of Canada's top restaurants by critics, thanks to its perfect balance of old-world and new culinary traditions.
972 College St, Toronto, ON M6H 1A5
Chef Rob Rossi & David Minicucci, of Toronto favourite L'Unità, have collaborated to bring a genuine neighbourhood restaurant to Dufferin Grove.
With exceptional service and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, Giulietta is a must-visit destination for Italian food lovers in Toronto.
88 Harbord St, Toronto, ON, M5S 1G5
Piano Piano Restaurant is a vibrant and stylish Italian restaurant located in the heart of Toronto, at 88 Harbord St. The menu, crafted by Chef Victor Barry, features authentic Italian dishes made with fresh and high-quality ingredients.
The restaurant is known for its warm and welcoming atmosphere, featuring a cozy dining room and an open kitchen where guests can watch the chefs at work.
849 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON, M6J 1V5
La Palma is a highly acclaimed restaurant located in the vibrant West Queen West neighborhood of Toronto.
- The restaurant is known for its contemporary Italian cuisine that emphasizes fresh, seasonal ingredients and creative presentations. La Palma offers both indoor and outdoor dining options in a beautifully designed space that exudes a chic and cozy ambiance.
- The menu at La Palma features a variety of dishes that showcase the best of Italian cuisine. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with offerings ranging from light and refreshing salads to hearty pasta dishes and succulent meat and seafood entrees.
- In addition to its impressive food offerings, La Palma is also known for its excellent cocktail program. The restaurant's bar features a variety of creative and innovative cocktails, as well as a selection of craft beers and wines from around the world.
- The interior of La Palma is a stylish and inviting space designed by the renowned Toronto-based design firm, Studio Munge. The restaurant features an open kitchen that allows diners to watch the chefs at work, as well as a large bar area and plenty of comfortable seating options.
- La Palma has received numerous accolades and awards since its opening in 2017. The restaurant was named one of the best new restaurants in Toronto by Toronto Life Magazine in 2018 and has been featured in numerous publications, including The Globe and Mail, Food & Wine Magazine, and The New York Times.
75 Yorkville Ave, Toronto, ON, M5R 1B8
Trattoria Nervosa is a popular Italian restaurant located in the Yorkville neighborhood of Toronto. The restaurant has been serving up traditional Italian dishes for over 20 years and has become a go-to spot for locals and tourists alike.
- The menu at Trattoria Nervosa features classic Italian dishes, such as homemade pastas, wood-fired pizzas, and hearty meat and seafood entrees.
- Some of the standout dishes at Trattoria Nervosa include the rigatoni alla vodka, the gnocchi di patate al gorgonzola, and the wood-fired pizza with prosciutto and arugula. The restaurant also offers a selection of appetizers, salads, and desserts to round out your meal.
- In addition to its impressive food offerings, Trattoria Nervosa also has a great wine list featuring a variety of Italian and international wines, as well as a selection of cocktails and beers.
- The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating options, with a charming patio area that is perfect for al fresco dining in the warmer months.
101 Portland St, Toronto, ON M5V 2N3
Gusto 101 is a trendy Italian restaurant located in the bustling King West neighborhood of Toronto. The restaurant is housed in a converted brick building and features a rustic and industrial interior design with exposed brick walls, high ceilings, and wooden beams.
- The menu at Gusto 101 focuses on traditional Italian dishes with a modern twist.
- The restaurant is known for its lively atmosphere and friendly service, with a bustling bar area and communal tables that encourage diners to mingle and socialize.
- Gusto 101 also has a beautiful rooftop patio that is perfect for al fresco dining in the warmer months.
1 Benvenuto Pl, Toronto, ON, M4V 2L1
Scaramouche is an upscale French and contemporary restaurant located in the heart of Toronto, Canada. It has been a fixture in the Toronto restaurant scene for over 40 years and has become known for its exceptional food, wine, and service. Here's some more information about this renowned restaurant:
- History: Scaramouche was founded in 1980 by chef and owner Keith Froggett. The restaurant started as a small bistro-style eatery and has since expanded to include a formal dining room, a private event space, and a rooftop bar.
- Cuisine: Scaramouche is known for its French and contemporary cuisine, with a focus on fresh, seasonal ingredients. The menu changes regularly to reflect the availability of local produce and to showcase the creativity of the chefs. Some popular dishes include the lobster linguine, the rack of lamb, and the seared scallops.
- Wine: Scaramouche has an extensive wine list that has received numerous awards over the years, including the Wine Spectator Grand Award. The wine list features over 1,200 selections from around the world, with a focus on French wines.
- Ambiance: Scaramouche has a sophisticated and elegant ambiance, with modern decor and soft lighting. The restaurant has two levels, with the formal dining room on the lower level and the more casual bar and event space on the upper level. The rooftop bar offers stunning views of the city skyline.
- Awards and recognition: Scaramouche has received numerous awards and recognition over the years, including being named one of Canada's 100 Best Restaurants by Canada's 100 Best in 2021, and receiving the Wine Spectator Grand Award every year since 1986.
- Reservations: Reservations are highly recommended at Scaramouche, as the restaurant is often booked up well in advance. Reservations can be made online or by phone.
- Location: Scaramouche is located at 1 Benvenuto Place, Toronto, Ontario. It is situated in the upscale Rosedale neighborhood, just north of downtown Toronto. The restaurant is easily accessible by public transportation and offers valet parking.